Tuesday 8 January 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!

Hello,

After reading zoella's latest posts about 2012/2013, I felt very inspired to write my own. It's only hit me in the past few days that 2012 has actually finished, and that another year has passed- yet I feel as though I have not succeeded half of what I wished for. So, I decided to evaluate the year and I felt the urge to vent to my blog, which is quickly becoming my diary. (excuse the non chronolonical orderness)


A lot changed for me this year. Some aspects of my family life changed, a lot of my friends changed, and I found my self in shock this September as I had to adapt to the intensity of GCSE's and the ridiculous amount of work that goes towards them (perhaps I feel so strongly about the workload being too extreme, as I have the energy of a potato sometimes).
 
However, with lot's of negative change, I found some good! I began to let go. I changed in the sense that the irrelevant views of those I care little about, actually started to become irrelevant. I am not going to say I don't care what people think of me, because I do, and I think everyone should in a way, however I started to dress how I wanted to, and not how the latest trends wanted me to.
 
 
I actually plucked up the courage to dye my hair, and purple/pink of all colours!! This was only over the summer, but I finally pulled the trigger and 'pleasantly' surprised my dad when I had gotten pink dye all over his bathroom and had pink hair, without warning him before hand! I'm back brown now, but I ombre'd my hair in October and love it! (my hair, on the other hand, is suffering in silence after the bleach)

Also, in February 2012, I decided to convert from ordinary meat eater to a pescitarian (only eating fish and vegetarian food) and I have not looked back! I don't miss meat and it's great to feel healthier and as if I have really achieved a goal I set for my self.
 
This year, I made some very special friendships, or strengthened the already existing ones! This picture was taken by one of my best friends Lily . We first became particularly close when her and her mum asked me to model for their blog/clothing. It was a big step for me, as I am very self concious, but I took a leap and am so grateful I did. I am so thankful since she means so much to me, and is always there for me! I've also really loved spending time with my old child hood friends, and my closest friends!
 
What's also been great in 2012, is the fact I've gotten out more, I have done lot's of things with different people, and really made an effort to make sure I don't mope around in my pyjama's every single weekend.
 
 
Oh, this picture makes me just want to indulge in all of my favourite things! Not only does it symbolise my love for all things adorable and high in calories, but it reminds me of how often I don't feel right with either people my age, or in my environment. When I go to my favourite caffe's, or whatever it may be, I tend to feel in my 'natural habitat'. I feel comfortable when I'm with people I can actually talk to, which I sometimes striggle with at school, since everybody seems so obssessed with their own troubles, and with saying nasty comments to eachother. Although I love a good gossip, I can't stand cruel behaviour (a.k.a typical girl behaviour), so in 2012 I have separated myself from all the drama, and tried to keep away from the rumours.
 
 
And this was the last photo of me in December. And it made me think of what I have achieved. I've deffinetely become more laid back and less anxious (which is something I struggle with constantly). I am more sure of myself, and my beliefs and feel as though I know myself well enough, and am building the confidence to stand up for what I believe in. I am constantly spending my nights asking philosiphal questions, and thinking of how different and tragic my life was a few years ago. Perhaps I'm not in the best shape, I don't do my homework the day I get it, and I haven't eaten 5 fruit and vegetables a day: but I am very proud of the steps I take everyday, in the hope of being able to succeed what I dream of when I am an adult.
 
I don't know what I will be like this time next year, or what 2013 has to offer me, but I am excited actually. I really hope you all have fantastic years and take a risk every so often, but stay positive and happy. Do what makes you happy and be the best person you can be,
 
saskiajessie,xxx
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post :)
    Exam and GCSE stress is hard I remember that!

    You can email me if you like, hoping to meet some other beauty/fashion blogging friends!

    hudsonlauren@hotmail.co.uk

    :O)

    ReplyDelete